Commercial Property Owners & Facility Managers
One Film Product – Four Important Benefits
Realize four important benefits with the retrofit of solar control window films. The installation of LLumar or Vista window film instantly upgrades the glazing portion of a building’s envelope and provides energy savings, pleasing aesthetics, improved comfort, and enhanced safety. Visit our Commercial Benefits section for more details.
An Integrated Approach for Commercial Property Owners and Facilities Managers
Performance Film Group follows an integrated approach to the commercial window film market. Our vast experience tells us that having the right products is only the start. You must also have retained and deployed experienced, talented staff to assist with commercial projects from the design phase to post-installation inspections. With a staff that combines one-hundred and twenty five plus years of commercial window film experience, Performance Film Group is ideally positioned to excel in every aspect of the process from product selection to installation.
We view our collaborative approach as a three-legged stool, facilitating communication between the supplier (Performance Film Group/Eastman), our commercial contracting division, and the building owner/facility manager. Our goal of each project is to achieve the best possible result with regards to product selection and execution of the installation.
Performance Film Group has gathered, retained and trained the finest talent in the commercial window film market. Our key personnel engaged in commercial projects have in excess of 125 years of experience in the commercial market. Professional biographies of key personnel are as follows:
George R. Lewis, President
George R. Lewis has been in the window film industry since 1974, and the vast majority of his experience over the past 41 years has been spent in solution-focused roles in the architectural film market. Mr. Lewis has worked in every phase of the architectural film business from hands-on installation, project management, new product development, brand management, and distribution. Mr. Lewis is the owner and president of Performance Films Distributing, Performance Tools, and Performance Auto Spa, and collaborates closely with the Architectural Solutions Manager on commercial projects.
Lewis A. Pitzer, Architectural Solutions Manager
Lewis Pitzer has 26 years of experience in the window film industry. His career has focused primarily on the multiple applications of window films in the architectural market. He has assisted Fortune 500 companies, government entities and national retailers in the specification and purchase of all types of flat glass films. Mr. Pitzer is the Architectural Solutions Manager for Performance Film Group.
Commercial Window Film – A Collaborative Process
- Human Resources (Installation Crews and Project Managers) – Performance Film Group retains professional installation crews and project managers that are factory trained and certified for the installation of our full array of commercial window films. This includes all standard solar films and films that require additional training and certification such as thick security films and the Enerlogic line. In addition to being technically proficient, our installers and project managers bring deep commercial experience to each project assuring maximum efficiency / productivity and minimal disruption to the space where film is installed. We realize that a successful installation is achieved by close coordination with the building manager and staff to anticipate, understand and adjust to the specific needs within a commercial space.
- Product Selection – Each project starts with determining the best product fit for each commercial building. We have a number of tools deployed to this end.
- Energy Analysis (Modeling) – We will work with the building manager and energy engineers to conduct a detailed energy audit to determine the impact on energy savings for your specific building and use this as a tool in the selection process.
- Film to Glass Recommendation Chart – We deploy this sophisticated program to determine the safety of the film candidate to your specific glass type. This chart has been developed by experienced technical experts.
- Sampling – We provide sampling for you to determine both the interior and exterior aesthetic impact on your building. We take the position that it’s best to “see it for yourself”.
- Pre-Installation Meeting – We frequently attend pre-installation meetings with the dealer and facility manager to assure the best result for the project. A typical pre-installation meeting agenda can be downloaded here.
- Installation Plan – We work with each party in devising a clearly-communicated Installation Plan. This plan is instrumental in close collaboration between the installing dealer, building manager and the building occupants.
- Daily Status Reports – We supply daily status reports on projects of significant scope. These status reports foster close communication amongst all parties.
- Post-Installation Site Visit – We inspect the project to ensure that the installation meets all standards and that you are fully satisfied.
- Post-Installation Binder – We assemble and furnish a Post-Installation Binder (PIB) to you that includes the following documents:
- Fully executed warranty
- Contact for warranty work
- Care & maintenance Instructions
- Contact information for tenants that wish to have cars or residences tinted
Partner for Proposal
Performance Film Group ties all the previously described elements into a detailed, succinct and professional proposal that includes an executive summary supported by an appendix. This allows the building owner/facility manager to share the project findings and details with other stakeholders within their organization. This proposal is generated at no cost to the decision maker and dealer. This is one of the many services that makes Performance Film Group the high value choice for any commercial project.
Performance Film Group has vast experience in the selection and specification of both solar and security window films. However, this is only part of the equation. Performance Film Group will assist building owners and managers with project fulfillment by leveraging the deep expertise of our installation crews and project managers.
We act as the nexus between the project lead, technical experts from Eastman and our installation crews. In this capacity, we match the specific needs of a project to the installation crews best suited to complete the project. We maintain a close collaboration throughout the process, assisting in specification, energy audits, project planning, pre-installation meetings, site visits, post-installation inspections, and execution of the warranty. Performance Film Group is ideally suited for these varied tasks employing a team with combined experience of greater than a century.
Experience the difference of working with the best window films and the best dealer network in the country. Contact the Performance Film Group team today to learn how window tinting can be part of your next building project.